Yukon YK28041 Digital Ranger 5 x 42 Night Vision Monocular Review
Yukon YK28041 Digital Ranger 5 x 42 Night Vision Monocular Feature
- 5X42 Digital Night Vision Ranger--for day and night use--comes with protective carrying case, neck strap, and car and wall AC adapters
- Two independent built-in IR illuminators provide optimum viewing in any light conditions from 1/4 moon to total darkness
- 42-millimeter objective lens of fully multicoated high-quality optical glass and 5X magnification
- Direct built-in video recording output enables image transmission as well as video recording on peripheral equipment
- This item is restricted for sale to the state of California and outside the US
- IR Illuminator: The 28041 Digital Ranger is equipped with two independent built-in IR illuminators. One of them functions continuously and is designed for observation under ideal night viewing conditions of a 1/4 moon. The other high-powered IR illuminator is intended for observation of distant objects under low light conditions, including total darkness. The IR power of the latter can be smoothly adjusted and the IR light intensity level can be stored.
- Optics: The 28041 Digital Ranger features a 42-millimeter objective lens made of high-quality, fully multicoated optical glass for improved frequency and contrast characteristics. Thanks to 5X magnification, the 28041 Digital Ranger offers extra long distance viewing, effective for over 300 yards.
- Brightness Adjustment Wheel: The 28041 Digital Ranger's image is shown on the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). Manual adjustment of LCD brightness is operated with the adjustment wheel for exceptional quality in any light conditions.
- Video Recording and Power Supply: The 28041 Digital Ranger's direct built-in video recording output enables image transmission as well as video recording on peripheral equipment (monitor etc.) while carrying out stationary or mobile observations. The 28041 Digital Ranger is also equipped with a power output that allows it to operate on external power sources including car chargers and wall outlets. The device operates independently using AA batteries/accumulators.
- Rugged Rubber Armor (tm) construction
- Sensor type: CCD Digital NV
- CCD resolution: 510 x 492 pixels
- Magnification: 5X
- Lens diameter: 42 millimeters
- Field of view: 4 degrees
- Resolution (typical): 40 lines per millimeter
- Focus range: 5 yards to infinity
- Eye relief: 12 millimeters
- Diopter adjustment: +/- 4
- Detection distance (approximate): up to 300 yards
- IR wavelength: 940 nanometers
- IR power: 400 milliwatts
- IR illuminator effective distance: up to 200 yards
- Power supply: Six AA batteries
- Video output signal standard: EIA (NTSC compatible)
- Estimated battery life (without IR): up to 10 hours
- Operating temperature: -4 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 4.6 x 3 inches
- Weight: 28.2 ounces without batteries / 22.9 ounces with batteries
- Tripod socket: 1/4 inch
- Directional Sound Amplification System (#27022)
- Universal 17-inch High Table Top Tripod
- Window Mount and Rifle Stock / Arm Stabilizer Pad Kit (#29013)
What's in the Box?
YK28041 Digital Ranger, protective carrying case, neck strap, car adapter, wall AC adapter
Limited lifetime (USA only); 10 year limited (outside of the USA)
5 x 42 magnification. Day and night operation. Higher resolution than Gen 1. Over 300 yds viewing distance. Contrast adjustment control. Stealth operation with invisible, powerful dual IR illuminators. Enhanced multi-coated optics. Direct video output capability. Built-in 1/4" tripod socket. Rugged rubber armor construction. Includes protective carrying case, neck strap, car adapter and AC wall adapter.